I know that Melissa and Jason are going to be reading these thoughts about their wedding, so I have to be careful not to gush too much. Let’s just say that working with them and interacting with their friends and family was a dream and I’m just grateful to have had the privilege of documenting their big day.
But my story with them started at their rehearsal dinner on the Friday before their wedding. It was held at Jason’s parents beautiful home. Loved the fun signs and details.
Johnny Cash actually came to the party! Huge surprise for Jason!
Then the wedding day…
This was the first time I’ve ever shot a first look with the wedding party present. It was so cool!
Melissa was just so elegant and beautiful on her wedding day.
Lots of smiles and energy from everyone there. Love photographing the laughter!
The brides sister had the craziest dance! Loved it!
Highlights for me:
- Working with Melissa and Jason. They’re filled with a warmth and kindness and love for each other and everyone around them. It was wonderful to witness and document!
- Both Jasons mom and Melissa’s mom were so fun and kind to me!
- Best dad of the bride, maid-of-honor and best man speeches ever. Jason’s best man needs to go on the road as a stand-up comedian immediately. Seriously.
- The band rocked!
- Stacey and Ken from Lindsay Street Hall, as always, were incredible to work with.
- First wedding cake ever that I wasn’t tempted to eat. Coconut isn’t my thing (sorry Melissa and Jason)! But it LOOKED amazing and everyone else loved it! 🙂
- Seeing my 4 year old little girls face when she saw the flowers they allowed me to bring home to my family. Priceless.
Thank you again, Melissa and Jason! I wish both of you the happiest of marriages and I hope to see you both again one of these days!